All Conflicting Traffic Please Advise

I have been doing a lot of cross-country VFR over the last few years.  A phrase I have been hearing tacked onto the end of many position reports is "all conflicting traffic please advise."  This is redundant and not helpful.


There are several (not polite) discussions on this issue at the Avcanada forums.  I agree with many posters there that the addition of the phrase at the end of a position report does not help at all.


Any pilot conflicting with the aircraft calling will definitely advise and resolve the conflict, whether the aircraft calling adds the phrase or not.  Adding the phrase may actually introduce a delay in resolving the conflict.  At a minimum it uselessly takes up bandwidth.


Something I do find helpful is closing a position report with a call-sign.  Gives me a second chance to catch which aircraft is speaking and it also indicates that the position report is over.

Comments

Popular Posts