IPC Checkride

I passed my IPC last week.  I took it in the simulator using a 172 model with a full featured autopilot and a Garmin 430.  My lack of complete familiarity with the automation led to some tense moments and my handful of hours prior to the ride were not enough to easily overcome this.  Next time this should be done in my aircraft.

On a good note once I turned that stuff off I was able to demonstrate the skills required.  The new requirement to recover from unusual attitudes under partial panel were also competently demonstrated.

I also also weak on the symbol for hail - this is GR.  The mnemonic is the word GRavel.  What weather phenomenon is like gravel?  Hail of course.

Lastly I struggled to remember the true airspeed deviation criteria for reporting to ATC - five percent variation per 8.2.2 in the AIM.  Also the time variation is three minutes per 8.1.

Comments

Popular Posts