IPC Passed

 Passed the IPC yesterday.  I was very pleased with the result and felt quite confident going in.  The weak spots were:

 - Use of automation.  I was too reliant on hand flying and was not as proficient as I needed to be with the autopilot in the simulator.  Need more time in particular with the altitude sections to understand how that works.

 - Holds and the GPS.  I was not proficient in setting up the GPS to fly a hold.  Although I had the ability to select a waypoint, set the obs, and fly the hold, I had a heck of a time reading the indicator to know when I passed the point.  Need to improve this.

 - Reversal of flight plans in the GPS.  I need to be more proficient in manipulating flight plans in advance.  Since I knew I was returning to Saskatoon I could have had that in the box to begin with.  Need to understand how to clear and reset and reverse a flight plan.

On the plus side I dealt with the emergencies well, recovered from unusual attitudes well, and flew a near perfect precision approach in poor conditions.  I was quite pleased about that.

Comments

Popular Posts