CYPA RNAV 26 APPROACH AND MISSED

 Last night I set up the simulator and did the RNAV 26 approach into CYPA, followed by a missed approach, and then another approach and landing.  Notes:

 - Remember to check that the CDI indicator is set to GPS and not VLOC,

 - Ensure that there is enough fuel in the tanks for the simulator.  Ran out of gas in the circuit.

 - The simulated model represents imbalanced fuel in the tanks very well.  Easier if the tanks are balanced.

 - Ensure the ailerons are balanced in the configuration for the simulator.  I had them set slightly out and I was always rolling to the right the moment I relaxed.

I will need to make a simpler and shorter checklist for the approach.  The one I use currently is too detailed and long.  I am currently  focusing on the mechanics of getting proficient with the GNS 430 but once I am quite comfortable I need to start adding all the radio calls as well.

Comments

Popular Posts