ICS Western Canada Tribe Chief Report - November

It has been a while since I provided an update and for that I apologize. We had our board meeting last night and I wanted to update you all on where we are at.

Annual General Meeting We had the annual general meeting this year using Zoom and it went quite successfully. The minutes should be posted on the website soon. Kate talked about our membership, the website and forums, the successfully defended frivolous suits against the ICS, and our intentions for the future.

Type Support We've been more involved on the support forums. I've received and disassembled a PA-30 fuel selector valve and am currently preparing a short specification sheet for what it needs to do, and will then be reaching out to various vendors to see if we can put together a team to make a new system. Please have a look at the tech talk forum topic if you have any opinions on that: https://comanchetechtalk.com/community/comanche-fuel-system/sourcing-a-fuel-selector-valve-for-twin-comanches/

The Australian Tribe has found a supplier that will make a run of the landing gear struts. Graham Dunn has posted a description of the situation on the ICS face book page and you can reach out to one of the vendors that assists us in the states to get a hold of a set: Johnston Aircraft Service. I will be following up on the status of the STC for use in Canada and I'll be facilitating that if needed. So, please contact Dave Johnston to follow up!

Book Review I mentioned Alan's book a while back but I have received the copy I purchased and have enjoyed the first three chapters. http://clrdct.blogspot.com/2020/11/the-flying-scot-alan-hepburn.html

Miscellaneous I've updated my blog to make it look more pleasing to the eye. I've always enjoyed the Art Deco style and hopefully it comes through. I'd appreciate any feedback if possible.

Comments

Popular Posts